Friday, September 26, 2008

Sky Watch Friday: Monumen Perjuangan

To be honest, I was panic when I realized that it was thursday night. I don't have any sky picture to be presented in SWF. Lucky me, I found this picture that I took a month ago, at Monumen Perjuangan, Struggle Monument dedicated for people of West Java. This monument is located in Dipatu Ukur street, closed to University of Pajajaran. It has a sharpen bamboo shape, a traditional weapon used by people during independence war in 1945-1950.

Happy SWF! Visit other fabulous sky pictures at Skywatch Page.

11 comments:

marley said...

Very nice. I too don't know what to post for Sky Watch! I hope I can find something in the archive!

Gretchen said...

Really neat!

SaraG said...

Great photo. Awesome building and beautiful blue sky!

DeniseinVA said...

What a wonderful looking monument and a great photo. Very interesting learning something of its history. Thank you.

Unknown said...

it's a beautiful building, interesting design.

magiceye said...

beautiful monument against a marvelous sky!

angela said...

It does look like bamboo..clever design.

Louise said...

Cool monument.

Anonymous said...

The design is beautiful! Nice shot!

Jane Hards Photography said...

Panic over. This is a perfect skywatch, the striking builing set against the sky and the low shot.

Hilda said...

Really, Harry, that is one gorgeous building — I love it! And even more now that you mentioned the sharpened bamboo design basis.